Ghana School Feeding Programme goals:
Sustained contribution to poverty reduction and stable food supply.
- 8 % real increase in incomes at national and community levels;
- 8 % increased employment at community level;
- Greater availability, access, utilization and stability of food crops at community level.
1. Reduce hunger and malnutrition.
2. Increase school enrolment and attendance.
3. Stimulate local food production.
Goal 1, concrete:
- One nutritious meal each school day for all infant and primary schoolchildren (4-12 years) within the programme.
- By the year 2010, 1.04 million children must be participating in GSFP.
- Body mass index (BMI) of target group increased to standard level (19-25).
Goal 2, concrete:
- Increased enrolment of children at GSFP schools (above national average of 83%).
- Increased attendance and decreased drop out rates at GSFP schools (20% higher attendance, 20% lower drop out rates).
Goal 3, concrete:
- Increased income for local farmers (by creation of a market).
- Increased production by local farmers through sustainable technologies (access to more/higher quality land, water, seeds, fertilizer and tools).
- Agricultural projects at GSFP schools (school farms at 40% of the schools).